Ready in: 20
- 400g mixed mushrooms such as closed cups, girolles, portobello and oyster
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 50g butter
- 100ml Kerrymaid Savoury & Dessert Topping
- 100ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 large tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Juice 1 lemon
- 4 slices toasted brioche
- Start by cleaning the mushrooms and preparing them so they are all the same size. Some will need slicing thickly; others will just need gently tearing. Keep them quite thick for texture and to prevent them from overcooking.
- Place a frying pan on the stove and turn to a high heat. While the pan is warming up, add the butter along with the garlic and thyme. Cook for 1 minute before adding the torn and sliced mushrooms. Stir them around in the butter for 2 minutes, by which time they will have wilted in the heat.
- Now add the Kerrymaid Savoury & Dessert Topping and the stock and allow to reduce in the pan and coat all the mushrooms well. This should take around 4 minutes providing the heat under the pan is nice and hot. You want the mixture to be nice and thick and slightly grey from the mushrooms. While the sauce is reducing, you can toast your brioche.
- Now add the juice of a lemon, lots of black pepper and a good pinch or two of salt.
- Finally, add the chopped parsley and serve onto the hot toasted brioche.